Enjoy this sneak peek at Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. It looks like we’ll get an awesome Aquaman movie.
Batman. Batman Batman Batman Batman. Batman.
Oh, sorry, I was just going over the DC Comics marketing plan. As announced at the San Diego Comic Con, we’re getting more animated Batman movies.
Batman: Assault on Arkham, based on the Batman: Arkham Asylum videogame series, is coming out August 12th, but that’s not all.
Batman vs. Robin, which will adapt the Grant Morrison storyline and will be part of DC’s Animated Cinematic Universe, is confirmed for 2015, as well as Justice League: Gods and Monsters, an “original story written and directed by Bruce Timm" and highly likely to also feature Batman, will also hit stores in 2015. No word on if Gods and Monsters will be part of the DCACU.
Also under development is Justice League: Throne of Atlantis, which will heavily feature Aquaman and will be part of the DCACU.
It’s now been confirmed: Aquaman, played by Jason Momoa, is going to be in Batman v Superman: Dawn of
Stupid Names Justice.
Which character do you think will be next, since it’s obvious the entire Justice League is going to be in this movie (with confirmed casting now of Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg)?
DC Comics and Warner Bros. have confirmed that a Justice League movie will be coming right after Batman vs. Superman. Could’ve fooled us, since the whole League looks like it’ll be in B vs S.
So it seems Lex Luthor is going to become the new leader of the Justice League.
Yeah, we just said that.
DC now confirms Aquaman is NOT married to Mera
With some of the history changing in the New 52, there has been controversy about even the New 52hi…
DC’s week of stupidity continues.
The cast and character designs for Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
How awesome is it that Tim Daly’s son is taking on the role of Superman?
I think the B in Michael B. Jordan stands for “Best part of Chronicle”.
We thought Kevin Conroy was doing Batman for the Flashpoint movie, but hey, Nathan Fillion.
It looks like DC’s planned Justice League movie for summer 2015 will feature a wide cast of characters. This is a rumor first and foremost, so take it with a pinch of salt, but these details apparently came from someone within DC Entertainment:
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s Hal Jordan character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone… and probably not played by Ryan Reynolds.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis and has a “key role” in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett), of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
The script is reportedly inspired by Gerry Conway’s 3-issue “Crisis on New Genesis” Justice League of America arc (#183-185).
by John Trumbull
Here’s a look at Aquaman #12, celebrating the Robot Chicken DC Comics special, airing September 9th on Cartoon Network.
DC’s not giving up on this “New 52” idea. In September, they’ll be issuing “issue zero” editions of all of their New 52 books, to catch readers up on the backstories of each character. It’ll also coincide with the one-year anniversary of their relaunch.
One would argue this would have worked better when The New 52 first launched, but that means we’re expecting DC comics to think rationally, something NO comic publisher apparently remembers how to do.
From the “well, DUH” category, Variety says Warner Bros. is trying to put more DC Comics heroes in front of your eyeballs. In addition to the Justice League movie we mentioned here earlier this week, they’re working on movies “based on the Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, the Suicide Squad and Shazam.”
The Green Arrow one you’ve probably already heard of; it started production as “SuperMax” and is about the archer having to fight his way out of a prison full of people he put in there… and we’ve heard rumors that Lobo will be played by Dwayne Johnson.
… yes, The Rock.
I’m calling it right now: either Alan Tudyk or Nathan Fillion for Aquaman. Fillion would have to dye his hair, but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to tell him to make.